Apply to become a volunteer
Interesting in becoming a volunteer? Join up today.
Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Even helping out with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people, animals, and organizations in need.
Members need to be over 16 years of age.
If you have some boating knowledge or experience in emergency services. If not, we have professional training courses specifically designed to give you the skills and qualifications you will need.
What do you need to do to get started on the journey of becoming a valued volunteer?
Lodge an Expression of Interest with Marine Rescue Shoalhaven. We will respond to you in due course with more information and the next steps.
Marine Rescue Training
- Advanced First Aid
- Sea Survival
- NSW Maritime Boating Licence
- Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate of Proficiency
- Radio Operator
- Watch Officer
- Leading Crew
10 benefits of volunteering
- Provides you with a sense of purpose. ...
- Provides a sense of community. ...
- Helps you meet new friends. ...
- Increases your social skills. ...
- Improves self-esteem. ...
- Teaches you valuable skills. ...
- Provides job prospects. ...
- Brings fun into your life.